eric and jim convo thread

All of your bullshit threads can go here.
the rewinding thing would be a sweet get rich quick scheme
AS wrote:Hutchence was a great frontman, a good vocalist, a good lyricist and a terrible masturbater.
clip on world
gunpowder, treason, and plot

i think i'd probably go with the van one
1/2faithfull wrote:
sherpahigh wrote:Don't you have a wife?

shes too busy blowing me all the time to sit around and soak messed up muffin tins
Jim
James

Jim wrote:i think i'd probably go with the van one

WHY
clip on world wrote:ooh, beads!
AS
ROOSTERSHARK

AS wrote:

WHY

it's pretty good.
spike
HAWKPANTHER

spike wrote:
AS wrote:

WHY

it's pretty good.

yeah, i liked it too
AS wrote:Hutchence was a great frontman, a good vocalist, a good lyricist and a terrible masturbater.
clip on world

clip on world wrote:
spike wrote:
AS wrote:

WHY

it's pretty good.

yeah, i liked it too

me too
1/2faithfull wrote:

shes too busy blowing me all the time to sit around and soak messed up muffin tins
Jim
James

Go_State wrote:I think I will pick the rhinoceros beetle. Can lift 850x it's weight, and those horns will fuck you up. Plus they can fly.

Excellent choice. However, I raise you one copepod:

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php ... e-copepod/
LJ
spike spike spike spike

Yeah, but they can't fly nor have giant fucking horns on their head.
Go_State
Jim

LJ wrote:
Go_State wrote:I think I will pick the rhinoceros beetle. Can lift 850x it's weight, and those horns will fuck you up. Plus they can fly.

For perspective on just how much thrust power these little guys have, if you were able to jump with similar power behind your thrust or more aptly, scaled up the size vs distance/time unit traveled, you would be able to jump about half a mile in one second flat in water. In air, which has significantly less drag, you’d jump much further than that.

All this would have course depend greatly on the density of the water, drag, velocity, density of the base from which you were jumping from, etc., so it’s not simply a 1-1 correspondence that you can scale up like that. However, just for a fun ballpark estimate, assuming similar aerodynamics to the copepod, a relatively solid base to thrust from, and water density of around 1000kg/m^3 (typical salt water) vs air density of around 1.275 kg/m^3 (typical sea level), in air, you’d be jumping about 6-12 miles per second, if you had that kind of strength in proportion to your size that the copepod has.

Read more at http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php ... r5eBhyL.99

:shock:
spike
HAWKPANTHER

seems like i might lose some time to that website.
clip on world

spike wrote:
LJ wrote:

For perspective on just how much thrust power these little guys have, if you were able to jump with similar power behind your thrust or more aptly, scaled up the size vs distance/time unit traveled, you would be able to jump about half a mile in one second flat in water. In air, which has significantly less drag, you’d jump much further than that.

All this would have course depend greatly on the density of the water, drag, velocity, density of the base from which you were jumping from, etc., so it’s not simply a 1-1 correspondence that you can scale up like that. However, just for a fun ballpark estimate, assuming similar aerodynamics to the copepod, a relatively solid base to thrust from, and water density of around 1000kg/m^3 (typical salt water) vs air density of around 1.275 kg/m^3 (typical sea level), in air, you’d be jumping about 6-12 miles per second, if you had that kind of strength in proportion to your size that the copepod has.

Read more at http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php ... r5eBhyL.99

:shock:
I'm a rattlesnake, babe
I'm like fuel on fire
sherpahigh
Jim

if i was in los angeles, i could hop to new york in less than five minutes. :lazyeye:
spike
HAWKPANTHER

Jim wrote:what should my next blog post be about?

modest mouse review?

How's the blog going buddy?
clip on world wrote:ooh, beads!
AS
ROOSTERSHARK

AS wrote:
Jim wrote:what should my next blog post be about?

modest mouse review?

How's the blog going buddy?

i gave that up for twitter

tweet tweet
1/2faithfull wrote:

Jim
James

Return to Bad Post Island